Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my babies 'cause babies don't keep.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our Little Singer/Songwriter

Our son has this adorable knack for making his own music when he is supposed to be sleeping and they are always so impressive. A few months ago, i was washing the dishes after lunch and he was supposed to be taking a nap, well, through the monitor i heard, 'Oh wa-ya, oh wa-ya', over and over again, so i went upstairs to peek at him and he was sitting up in bed with his sippy cup of water in his hands singing to it!!!!!!! How cute is that!!! He was only 1 1/2!! And just when you were thinking that was too precious for words, he does it again...
I was reading him his baby playtime book tonight while i was laying him down for bed and after i finished, he took it and started flipping through the thick, board book pages, looking for his favorite toys in the book. He stopped first at the picture of the car and started singing, 'Car, Car, Carley, Car,' then flipped some more and found the ball and started singing' 'ball, ball, ball'. while he was looking for the last toy he wanted to sing about, he repeated 'Car, car, Carley, ball, ball, ball', until he found the drum and added 'boom, boom, boom', all in beat!!! He continued to flip back and forth through the pages singing about the same toys in whatever order he found them while i layed down next to him, watching and listening in amazement at what my remarkable little boy is capable of.
I know i have said this a million times, but i have very bright children. there, a million and one, and counting. i guess i can no longer complain about him begging to watch Little Einsteins (Eidines) all day long. He loves it, what can i say, and obviously it's teaching him something. He even has a Discovery Toys car that looks like Rocket that he now sleeps with and hauls wherever we go. he walks around singing the song to the movie and says, ' go Rocket, go', 'zoom zoom', and 'blast-off', all day long, and if any other child dare touch it, he lets them have it. He lets me have it just for washing the yogart off the darn thing.
I do have to take a little credit for his creativity on behalf of my family and myself, we do sing Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree and Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam a lot, a lot a lot. not to mention all of the countless times we sing The Wheels on the Bus and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and so many others. this kid just likes to sing, just like his big sisters. I Stand All Amazed. The girls love singing with their baby brother, trying to teach him the words to their favorite songs when they were his age. They get such a kick out of his baby way of saying things, and i love when they come screaming to me to tell me about the new words they just taught him.


They also love making up songs of their own, why, just the other day, Keeley put on a whole 10 minute concert for me about the fish tank at Grandma and Grandpa's house, too cute!! And Carley just loves to sing about her toys, her day at preschool and her artwork!!

Children truly are a gift and i love moments like these.

I would like to post some new pics, but we cannot find the cords we need to download the camera, i know, i hate moving. anyway, as soon as we are able, we will update. I know you all are just dying to see more, but you'll just have to be patient.

4 comments:

Annie's Iris said...

Ohhhh Amber!!! That is soooo darling. You are such a good Momma, and you have such beautiful, smart children. I am so happy for you. Keep up the great work girl! So proud of ya, and happy for you. xoxo

J and J said...

That is cute. Maybe he takes after his Dad who thought he always wanted to be a "rock star."

The Suttons said...

Hey Amber! I didn't even know you had a blog until you left a comment! How fun, now maybe I can keep in touch with you a little better! Cute kids too!

Burke family said...

Yay! I'm glad you have a blog - I'm much better about blogging than facebook. Life has just been busy and crazy for us and I never even got to return your call the other day. I'm glad you are so good at keeping in touch. I'll be better. :)